Greetings from aPeople. This road will lead you to a world of new opportunities.
We’ll try to provide all the information you need down below. We hope the journey you are about to begin will be full of pleasant surprises.
We would really like to have you on our team, so read the description and jump all in!
We are aPeople, representing adjarabet.com - the biggest entertainment portal in the region and a member of an international group - Flutter Entertainment.
We share the values of Amigoness - We communicate easily and trust each other, are friendly and empathic; Up - We are always ready for development. We are not afraid of new challenges and adapt quickly in crisis situations; and Fairplay - We believe that all people are equal and treat everyone fairly.
We can provide you with a sustainable environment, a skillful team, and a work full of new experiences. Surf over our LinkedIn or Facebook page to learn about our corporate viewpoints and here's our vacancy page for more job openings.
About the vacancy:
As an IT Incident Commander, we need you to:
· Be responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating business systems incidents in efforts to provide ad-hoc support within the production areas of various business units.
· Collaborate and communicate daily with cross-functional product development teams regarding technology solutions within the application, software, database, and operating system environments.
· Be the single point of contact, both internally and externally, for the service provision of the (major) incident management.
· Be accountable for ensuring that the major incident process is highly effective and delivers restoration of normal service operation expeditiously while minimizing risk exposure throughout the whole incident life cycle. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, can respond swiftly to assist in minimizing business disruptions, and has a strong understanding of ITIL methodology to create and maintain best practices across a global environment.
· Manage internal and external relationships that govern the incident management process end-to-end in a multi-provider environment with internal and external service delivery teams.
· Develops, implements, and monitors metrics for process effectiveness and efficiency, ensuring the smooth integration between all key stakeholder groups at a process, people, and tool level.
· Continuously analyzes process to determine gaps and identifies solutions to close said gaps.
· Provide technical problem escalation support while working closely with Agile Team members.
· Personally, manage incidents and major incidents and act as an escalation point to ensure timely resolution of incidents within expectations and SLAs.
· End-to-end communication during incidents, take part in escalations, investigation, and resolution of incidents, ensure update of all involved parties and stakeholders.
· Manage and resolve conflicts and be able to work effectively at all levels of the organization.
· Coordinate the resolution of incidents utilizing technical resources in a 24x7x365 enterprise organization.
· Escalate risks, issues, and opportunities.
· Ensuring that all IT teams follow the incident management process for every incident.
· Document post-incident recovery steps to establish root cause, aid in process improvements, identify deviations, and enable creation of a knowledge base.
· Drive, develop, and manage the major incident process and associated procedures/systems.
· Maintain incident logs and process incident reports for review with upper management, providing consolidated production incident metrics to the Head of Technology Operations and Operations Centre Manager along with resolution rates.
· Ensure that all IT teams (internal and external) follow the incident management process for every incident.
We need you to have:
· IT Service experience with knowledge or understanding of IT platforms, operating systems, infrastructure, and technology environments.
· Previous and demonstrable experience with Incident and Major Incident Management in a large enterprise multi-vendor environment (including outsourced) and complex infrastructure
· Working knowledge of ITIL processes and procedures (an ITIL foundation certificate is a plus).
· Analytical and problem-solving abilities and ability to thoroughly research issues as required.
· Broad technology understanding across Distributed Systems, Storage, and Networks.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively tailor communication of technical issues to various audiences